Monday 6 October 2008

What music would you choose for your personal Top 10?

Ok, so I had a real problem doing this one. I went through iTunes and picked out the tracks that have really meant something to me throughout my life. I thought I was being ruthless until I realised that my Top 10 had become my Top 28! I have narrowed it down to a Top 15!

In no particular order:

I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) / Letter From America – The Proclaimers
- Obviously no one who comes from Scotland could dislike The Proclaimers – it’s like saying you don’t like Irn Bru!

Goodbye To Love – The Carpenters
- I adore this song because it has one of the best guitar solos I have ever heard.

Zombie – The Cranberries
- The first song I ever did on karaoke!

Song For A Small Man – Billy Connolly
- This isn’t a comic song. It reminds me of a man I used to know who was an extremely dear family friend.

There Were Roses – Cara Dillon
- This song is about the futility of the Troubles in Ireland

Sweet Child o’ Mine – Guns ‘n’ Roses
- Fabulous song!

Layla – Eric Clapton
- Again, fab song!

Sweet Home Alabama – Lynrd Skynrd
- Probably my favourite song ever, possibly because a friend of mine plays the solo so amazingly well!

Foolish Games – Jewel
- One of those songs that can put a tear in your eyes.

A Case Of You – Joni Mitchell
- I just love the sentiments in this one. Joni Mitchell’s lyrics are like poetry.

Caledonia – Dougie Maclean
- The best song about Scotland ever written.

Flower Of Scotland – The Corries
- Obviously!

The Bell (Tubular Bells 2) – Mike Oldfield
- I’m a big Mike Oldfield fan, but Tubular Bells 2 was brilliant.

Au Fond Du Temple Saint (from The Pearl Fishers) – Bizet
- I don’t know what it is about this particular piece of music, but it just moves me.

Clarinet Quintet (I Allegro) – Mozart
- The reason for loving this piece is not at all highbrow or cerebral! It is used a lot in the final episode of M*A*S*H. I had never heard it before seeing this episode, and it is just a beautiful piece of music.

0 comments: