Friday 2 January 2009

Do you remember any fads from your youth? Popular hairstyles? Clothes?

Legwarmers Earmuffs Slouch Boots Snap bracelets Denim shorts with black tights
(never a good look!) Tie dye
(I still like it, but then I think I was a hippy in a past life!)
Smurfs Wacaday and Timmy Mallett

Theer were some pretty terrible hairstyles around in the 80's, when I was growing up. One of the worst was the Deirdre Barlow bubble perm (Coronation Street), especially when twinned with the massive specs and sunglasses that were so "in" then!

Some other terrible ones I remember were the mullet (obviously), the side pony tail, crimped hair and BIG hair complete with Farrah Fawcett syle flicks, although that may have been more seventies than 80's!

I missed out on a lot of the fashions, toys and programmes from the 80's because we didn't have TV in Malawi - in fact it tok a long time to learn anything from the outside world (before the days of the internet etc and the telephone was extremely expensive - we didcn't find out about the Falklands Was until it was over), so I only remember from 1986 onwards, but that's enough to know that the 80's were a completely taste free decade!

NB. Photographs Not My Own Work

1 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

I remember Farrah Fawcett's hairstyle very well. I was her biggest fan !