Sunday 28 September 2008

What were your favourite childhood toys?

I loved my Barbies and Sindys – yes, I am officially sad! I wasn’t a particularly girly girl – I hated wearing dresses with a passion! My aunt and uncle lived just a few miles from us, so I was brought up with my two boy cousins (G and S) almost as brothers and sister. In fact, our parents shared a nanny. This was in Malawi. I had lots of Barbies and Sindys, and my cousins had Action Men. Obviously Sindy and Action Man were husband and wife!

I don’t remember other toys really. I loved Play Mobil, but can’t remember specific toys.

There was a wooded bit in our garden and it was *my* forest! I loved it in there, and the boys and I would play for hours in there. I also had a bike – a BMX that we had bought in Brazil on leave as it was dirt cheap there. I used to ride up and down the driveway all the time. I thought the drive was really long; it was probably only half a kilometre there and back! I also had a swing in the garden, and spent hours on it.

When we got back to Scotland, my mum and dad bought me a Sindy house, and I had a Sindy Range Rover and a couple of horses for them too! It was fab! Unfortunately I grew out of them pretty quickly then.

0 comments: