Sunday 9 November 2008

What is the biggest regret in your life? Can you do anything about it now?

I don’t actually have very many regrets in my life. There are things that I would like to have done, but that’s not really the same as regretting what I did or didn’t do.

The only thing I do regret is not having had more children. I know I’m only 31, and I do still have time (dependent on finding some nice man somewhere), but I do regret not having had a brother or sister for Isla close to her age.

I was an only child and, although I was brought up closely with my cousins, it wasn’t the same as having a brother or a sister. On the other hand, it did mean that I have never had to deal with sibling rivalry – at least not first hand – and have never had to put up with the fights that can only happen between sisters. For some reason, I think that only sisters can hurt each other like no one else can.

I regret not having more money, but that’s something that we all regret!

0 comments: